What is PDO threadlifting?
- A PDO thread is a synthetic, absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are completely safe and are routinely used in surgery, even in cardiothoracic surgery. It’s one of the safest materials that can be implanted in the face and body.
- The fine suture thread is absorbed within 4 to 6 months and won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
Am I a Candidate?
If you are considering your options to address sagging, loose, and/or thinning skin, but surgery is not an option, pdo thread lifting may be the perfect solution for you. Successful candidates for thread lifting are those who can maintain a consistent weight and have realistic expectations of the outcomes attainable through a nonsurgical approach. During your initial consultation with us, we will assess your needs and candidacy to determine an appropriate treatment plan tailored specifically for you.
How does it work?
PDO threads work through a “selective inflammatory response,” or in simpler terms, controlled healing. It is the principle behind many aesthetic procedures such as microneedling or chemical peels. Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting PDO threads, we initiate healing within the skin through natural stimulation of new collagen.
The process of PDO thread placement mimics that of dermal filler injections. Numbing cream, as well as local anesthetic, is used for comfort measures. The threads are then inserted underneath the skin using a blunt tip cannula that is preloaded with a thread. The specific area of correction, and the amount of laxity present will determine the number of threads needed.
- What are common areas of treatment with PDO threads?
- Brow lifting
- Jowl lifting
- Smoothening and tightening the neck
- Mid face lift
- Lower face lift
- Tissue rejuvenation in depressed and/or crepitis skin.
How long do PDO thread lifts last?
Longevity of outcomes usually is determined by a few variables, including the individual’s metabolism and lifestyle amount of threads used. Outcomes can last ~12-15 months. Although results are immediate for tissue lifting, it can take your body ~6 to 12 weeks for induction of collagen in your skin.