Although surgical rhinoplasty is Dr Kim’s preferred method for creating long lasting results that enhance natural beauty and can improve a patient’s breathing, not all patients wish to go down this route. The non-surgical rhinoplasty is a less invasive option that creates immediate results and is more affordable. It also gives patients the opportunity to see what the results may look like prior to going under the knife. Given that rhinoplasty makes up over 90% of Dr Kim’s practice, his experience with the nasal anatomy makes him an expert injector for the nose.
Dr Kim uses the consultation as an opportunity to educate, support and counsel his patients as to which rhinoplasty option might be best for them. Through the use of his morphing software he can show patients what can be achieved both surgically and non-surgically. As with Dr Kim’s surgical rhinoplasty, his approach to non-surgical rhinoplasty is in line with his overall philosophy: improve natural appearance, prioritize safety, and minimize undesired side-effects such as bruising and swelling. Dr Kim also realizes that not every nose is the same, so each treatment is customized to the unique anatomy and goals of each individual. Different injection techniques, therefore, may be used for different patients.
Who is a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty?
- Patients who can benefit from increased volume or projection of the nose
- Patients who have bumps
- Patients who exhibit nasal asymmetry
- Patients who can benefit from the addition of volume (pinched noses, narrow noses, defects from past surgery)
*patients who desire a smaller nose should explore surgical rhinoplasty as a non-surgical nose job only adds volume to the nose.
How long will results of non-surgical rhinoplasty last?
The longevity of a non-surgical nose job depends on the quantity and type of filler used. Nose filler enhancements tend to last longer than treatments to other areas of the face because there is less movement in the area to break down the product. The filler is gradually broken down over time and safely eliminated through the body’s natural metabolic process. “Restylane” is good option for first time patients. Once a patient has decided that they want to continue with the non-surgical option they could progress to “Voluma” which is FDA approved for up to two years.
What post care should I follow after my non-surgical rhinoplasty?
As with any cosmetic procedure, there are risks and you should be fully aware of these before you elect to have a non-surgical rhinoplasty.
- Following your treatment, you may experience redness, swelling, bruising, and tenderness to touch for 72 hours up to 2 weeks. Itchiness may also occur.
- Apply a cool compress immediately after treatment to decrease swelling.
- You may also apply topical Arnica and/or take Arnica pills to reduce bruising.
- Call our office if you notice an increase in pain and swelling after 3 days.
- Call our office if you notice any pain or skin color changes beyond where the filler was placed.