A Notice to Our Patients
San Francisco Department of Public Health announced a health order (C19-08b) which has lifted the moratorium on elective appointments and procedures. With that news, we have re-opened the practice and are now able to see patients for consultations and procedures. The stipulation of the order requires a Health and Safety Plan be in place to protect patients and staff from COVID-19. We had already implemented new protocols (as I shared in a previous email) and have taken additional measures to be in compliance with safety protocols. Our measures actually exceed the requirements.
We would therefore welcome you to contact us to set up an appointment with me or with our nurse providers. In the interest of safety, there will be some processes you will be asked to follow when coming into the office. We will continue to offer web based virtual consultations for those of you who prefer.
Some of the highlights of our Health and Safety plan are below. The entire document can be available upon request.
- Only asymptomatic staff who have not been in contact with potentially infected individuals will be working. All staff will also be wearing surgical face masks in order to reduce the risk of asymptomatic spread of the virus. All staff will be screened and temperature tested daily prior to working. All staff have been confirmed COVID-19 negative from a PCR nasal swab test. Staff will be re-tested periodically.
- All patients will be screened prior to appointments. Any individual with upper respiratory symptoms or recent exposure to a COVID positive or high risk individual will be asked to wait for a period of 2 weeks without symptoms prior to coming in. These screenings will take place by phone days before the appointment and again in person the day of along with temperature testing.
- All patients entering the office will be asked to wear a face mask or facial covering to reduce the risk of asymptomatic spread of the virus. A mask can be provided at the door if needed.
- We are following strict guidelines for cleaning and terminal disinfection of all clinical and non-clinical spaces in the office. All surfaces will be cleaned with virucidal disinfectant between each patient encounter.
- Appointments will be scheduled to reduce office traffic and allow for safe distancing. In order to do accomplish this, appointment times will be longer, which will allow for less overlap and less traffic in the clinic. All patients will be asked to attend in office appointments alone.
- Air purifiers with HEPA and virucidal UV filters will be in operation in exam rooms and consultation areas.
- We will be adopting new policies to minimize hand contact through our clinic experience: e.g. paperless consents, non-cash transactions (credit card only), etc.
If you would like to make an appointment please call us at 415-773-0800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so happy to be able to get back to work and see all of you!